Fasoolia bil zeit is sauteed green beans, onions, and tomatoes infused with olive oil. Fresh and light, it’s a fantastic, colorful,
vegetarian side dish.
What are your favorite fasoolia (green bean) recipes for spring?
- 1 lb fresh washed green beans
- 1 large onion
- 3 fresh tomatoes
- 5 Tblsp olive oil
- 1/8 cup broth
- salt and pepper
- Slice the onion and the tomatoes, cut the green beans into halves
- In a large sauce pan heat the olive oil, add the onions and saute for couple of minutes over medium heat
- Add the green beans, salt and the broth. mix it and let it cook over medium heat for 5-10 min
- Add the tomatoes, and lower the heat. Cover the sauce pan and let the flavors blend for 10 min, remove from the stove
- Transfer to a serving plate, sprinkle with black pepper, and serve with rice or pita bread.